Luxury apartments in an authentic Dutch farmhouse within walking distance of station. Would you like to spend the night in a unique spot in the Green Heart of the country and close to the Netherlands’s major cities? The farm closest to Woerden station is owned by Boer Bert. We have three luxury holiday apartments furnished in country style will be available in this charming authentic Dutch farmhouse.
Located within easy travelling distance of the four major cities Utrecht, Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague, the farm is situated on the edge of Woerden in a quiet rural setting yet still close to the historic town centre and the public swimming pool.
Each apartment sleeps 2 to 5/6 people. Lettings are for a week, weekend or mid-week break.
Each apartment is equipped with:
- a comfortable seating area and a pleasant dining area in the very spacious and well-appointed lounge/kitchen.
- a fully equipped kitchen with electric cooking facilities, a microwave combination oven, dishwasher, fridge, coffee maker, electric kettle and a Senseo automatic coffee machine.
- a modern bathroom with shower, bath or spa (bubble) bath and WC.
- cable TV and ADSL internet connection
- box spring beds (2.10 m) in the spacious bedrooms
- a sofa-bed in the living room
- a spacious and welcoming terrace for all guests
The farm is situated on the northern edge of Woerden roughly 15 minutes’ walk from the station and the centre of Woerden. There are dairy cows, calves and sheep, as well as rabbits, horses and ponies (in stables) and a cat. We run an organic dairy farm which means that no artificial fertilizers or pesticides are used. In the summer our cows graze outside in the field.
You can watch or help with the milking, fetching the cows, feeding the animals and other activities on the farm or in the field. You can also do a circular walk through the countryside past the many natural features on the farm. We protect the Black-tailed Godwit and the Lapwing or Peewit, and many wild flowers grow on the banks of the canal.
Things to do in the area
- In the historic centre of Woerden there are good restaurants and shops, an authentic windmill and a museum in the old town hall, which dates from 1640.
- The swimming pool is just 200 metres away.
- The area is ideal for walking and cycling, either through the rural polder landscape or along the Old Rhine or by Linschoterbos woods.
- 1 km away there is boat hire at de Boerinn where you can hire canoes and have fun on and in the water (poldersport).
- At Kameryck there is also pitch and put mini-golf, a lookout tower and a children’s petting farm.
- There are direct train links to Utrecht (10 min.), Amsterdam (40 min.), Rotterdam (35 min.) and The Hague (45 min.) which offer many interesting museums and attractions to visit.
Pricing 2017 (€)
|Apartments||April – September||October – March|
|Apartment ‘de achterstal’ or ‘de til’||weekend||week||weekend||week|
|Apartment ‘de hooizolder’||weekend||week||weekend||week|
|final cleaning € 35,- per apartment|
|per persoon less/more: € 10 p.p. per night|
Tourism tax is 1,10 euro per person per night
Arrival from 15.00 uur en Departure before 12.00 uur.
No Smoking and No Pets allowed in the apartments.